Friday, April 18, 2008

Tucker's first trip to hospital:(

On Tuesday of this week, Tucker woke up with a fever of 102. We thought it might be teething but that is just a bit to high for teething. We took him to see Dr. Ward and they told us that he had hand foot and mouth disease, he was cutting 3 teeth, and he had a slight ear infection. They gave us meds to numb his mouth so he would eat but it did not work. Needless to say, he got dehydrated and that landed us in Children's Hospital on Wednesday. They ended up giving Tucker about 8 oz of fluids through an IV. After he got the fluids he perked up and ate 8 oz of pedialite. We got to go home on Wednesday night and Tucker slept all night. Thursday Tucker was sooo much better. Here are some pics of his first IV and hopefully his last.







4 comments:

The Thompsons said...

Oh he looks so pityful..I know that was hard on you. Glad he is ok. What is hand foot and mouth disease?

not up to code said...

So sorry your little one has been sick. Hope he is doing better.

I came over from Sara's blog. Are we related?

Stephanie said...

Poor Tucker! Ms. Becky said you were on your way to church yesterday and Maddie threw up. Is she feeling better? Ben had hand, foot and mouth disease when he was little. It's really common, but it can cause painful sores in their mouths. I hope he's doing better. It took Ben about a week to get back to normal.

Frances Vineyard said...

So sorry that he has been sick :) I talked to Shannon R. and she said her little guy has it, so I think "hand,foot, mouth" is going around the church. On a happy note, I love all your spring weather pictures!!